About Me

My photo
I am a God loving, husband supporting, children raising, creative living, exercise grooving, incredibly blessed woman whose life is never normal --My passion is turning blah into bling, so let me help you customize, accessorize, and organize your home. Recyclying what you love and bringing new where it's needed. With "Finishing Touches" I will give you personal attention in your personal space. Let's work together to make your space like no other! -- shadethatlamp@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Shade That Lamp Jen


These shades were made for my sweet life long college friend Jen. She spends most of her days in her office so she wanted a custom shade made to enjoy there.
Jen and I chose the fabric over the phone while looking online together. It was alot of fun and made it seem like we weren't that far away! It's hard to be away from someone as great as her.
Jen wanted to keep it simple, so we chose a cotton fabric. I thought it would be fun to add a little texture, which is why I chose a velvet ribbon to go around the bottom of the small drum shade.
I love the whimsical feel the patterns of the trees and ferns offer. I hope Jen feels a little calmer and cozy as she is in her home away from home :-)
I usually take a picture of the lampshades myself before sending them off, but Jen took these. She is the most amazing photographer ever. Seriously, you need to check her out at http://www.jenarthurphotography.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Mrs. Realife said...

GORGEOUS SHADES! Love it and she's GOT to love them...