About Me

My photo
I am a God loving, husband supporting, children raising, creative living, exercise grooving, incredibly blessed woman whose life is never normal --My passion is turning blah into bling, so let me help you customize, accessorize, and organize your home. Recyclying what you love and bringing new where it's needed. With "Finishing Touches" I will give you personal attention in your personal space. Let's work together to make your space like no other! -- shadethatlamp@gmail.com

Monday, February 2, 2009

Shade That Lamp Heidi











These two shades are a custom order for my friend Heidi. Heidi is a great friend who actually has had me help her with decorating and lampshades in her home. I chose linen fabric because she has a leather couch and silk curtains in the living room. I thought linen was a nice cozy contrast to those fabrics. I think my favorite part about making these lampshades was the girl time while out shopping for fabric and accessories for her home.
We chose a printed floral that goes great in their home. The hanging beaded detail was really fun and completed the lampshade. I coordinated it with a stripe silk fabric for a smaller lamp in the corner. Her husband even loved them! Thanks Heidi, I had a blast working in your home. I hope you are enjoying your 100% handmade shades especially for you :-)
Thanks too for your encouragement with "Finishing Touches" I will post about that very fun news soon.

No comments: